MATA are pleased to announce that our Level 5 qualifications in Laser and Light-Based Therapies are now open for applications and are soon to be available nationwide. We are the only provider of Level 5 laser qualifications in the UK.
Our unique qualifications reflect the latest HEE guidelines and are awarded by the independent awarding body EduQual, as well as being endorsed by an Ofqual-recognised awarding organisation. You will be provided with the skills to safely and effectively carry out aesthetic laser treatments to the highest standard. This incorporates laser safety and precautions, different types of laser, identifying skin complaints and skin types, carrying out correct patient assessments, consents and medical histories, contra-indications, patch tests, carrying out treatments and protocols, how to deal with complaints and complications, post-treatment care and much more.
The MATA way of training is highly-comprehensive and involves blended-learning which includes:
- Theory studied in your own time on our university-standard online virtual learning platform and features tests and quizzes
- Practical face-to-face training on volunteer patients
- Clinic-based assessments and completion of a log book
- Written exams
The Level 5 Laser and Light-Based Therapies qualification suite includes:
- Advanced Professional Certificate in Laser and Light Hair Reduction (Level 5)
- Advanced Professional Certificate in Laser Tattoo Removal (Level 5)
- Advanced Professional Certificate in Laser and Light-Based Therapies (Level 5) – offering optional units of vascular and pigmented lesions, non-ablative and ablative rejuvenation, hair reduction and tattoo removal – allowing learners to customise the qualification to their specific needs and treatment applications.
Our tutors for this qualification are all leaders in this field, having worked with lasers for many years. Following your training, the MATA support team are always on hand for any questions and assistance you may require when moving into the world of laser treatments. MATA is independent of suppliers and our trainers will give you information on the difference between various lasers rather than to sell you a particular machine.
The MATA Level 5 Laser and Light qualifications are suitable for:
- Beauty Therapists (Level 3/4 qualified)
- Tattoo removal practitioners and similar
- Healthcare professionals
- Those with suitable prior experience/learning and/or able to demonstrate an ability to study at Level 4 or higher.