A “Royal Seal” of Approval
Ensuring the highest practice standards is the most important aspect of surgery and the training of surgical skills. MATA’s approach to delivering outstanding training has resulted in being awarded an accreditation by the Royal College of General Practitioners. We are very proud to have been recognised for consistently applying excellent teaching standards by one of the world’s leading academic centres.
The Provision of Training Courses at the College faculty
MATA is also honoured to have been contracted by the Royal College of GPs as its training provider for their Joint and Soft Tissue Injections courses. MATA is considered the most suitable training academy to deliver the training at the college’s North and West London faculties.
Surgery Skills Courses offered by MATA at the Royal College of GPs consists of two options:
- A two-day Minor Surgical Skills T his is designed for those new to surgical procedures, or as more in-depth update course for those who wish to refresh their knowledge and skills. Over the two days, delegates will learn from tutor guidance and observation in the assessment of competency by the inclusion of Direct Observation of Procedural Skills (DOPS). The learning approach consists of video, demonstrations, practical applications with skin pads and suture models – all of which ensure high standards and confidence from an early start point.
- A one-day Minor Surgical Skills Update and Assessment course which covers both theory and practical teachings and is designed for those already performing procedures and who need to meet the Department of Health’s requirements (2014 DES minor surgery contract).
In small groups, delegates will learn how to develop and enhance their minor surgical skills using illustrated presentations and practice kits, skin pads and suture models along with interactive Q&A sessions.
Completion of each course should provide full competency in:
- The justification for surgery
- Most minor surgical applications
- The selection of suitable equipment
- The recognition and management of adverse reactions
- The recognition of benign, suspicious, malignant and premalignant lesions and ensuring referral.
Why choose MATA?
MATA is a well established medical training academy and has delivered many courses at leading medical centres in London and the UK. Being recognised as an outstanding educator through the accreditation of the Royal College of GPs proves to medical students that they are making the right choice whichever course they take through MATA. Furthermore, by opting for a MATA course at the Royal College of GPs participants will be sure of attaining a best in class learning experience.
One Day course £250 (member price) and £275 (non member price)
Two Day course £475 (member price) and £495 (non member price)
For full details on the Course run by MATA for the Royal College of GPs go to: