Joining our Foundation Course, our Advanced Course, or our Level 7 Diploma in Facial Aesthetics will grant you access to MATA’s bespoke Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). The VLE will give you an understanding of facial anatomy, the aging process, patient assessment and consultation, and the principles and practice of aesthetic injectables over the course of 150hrs of e-learning conducted over six interactive modules, each concluded with a set of multiple choice questions to test your knowledge. MATA’s VLE learning has been designed for medical professionals to complete alongside their existing work commitments as a flexible, self-managed course.
Assessment and Learning Outcomes for Level 7 Delegates
Although our online learning allows our Foundation and Advanced Course delegates to gain a deeper understanding of the theory underpinning aesthetic injectable practice, completion of the six modules are a mandatory requirement for those studying towards their Level 7 Diploma in Facial Aesthetics. This course has been created to bring those beginning in aesthetics to a confident level over the course of nine months, and your completion of the VLE modules in conjunction with written assessments allows us to gauge your progress.
Written assessments on the Level 7 Diploma include a Risk Assessment, a Critical Literature Review and a Case Study:
- The Risk Assessment can be on the topic of your choice within the context of working within an aesthetics clinic, for example sharps handling, infection control, or electrical equipment and fire hazards.
- The Critical Literature Review can be on the topic of your choice within aesthetics, allowing you to delve deeper into an area of particular interest, or into an area that you would like to specialise in as a practitioner.
- The Case Study requires that a model from your practical training is selected for write-up, and should include your assessment of their needs during the initial consultation, the treatment(s) performed, and a follow-up consultation which can be conducted through video conferencing as required.
Your practical training, online learning and assessment with MATA will ensure you have a thorough understanding of the following learning outcomes:
- Unit 1: Introduction to Aesthetic Injectable Therapies (8 credits)
- Unit 2: Patient Medical Assessment and Image Recording (10 credits)
- Unit 3: Principles, Practice and Treatment Management of Aesthetic Injectables (12 credits)
- Unit 4: Injectable Therapies for Management of Hyperhidrosis (4 credits)
- Unit 5: Health, Safety and Clinical Compliance (10 credits)
- Unit 6: Appraising the Clinical Literature (6 credits)
- Unit 7: Professionalism in Cosmetic Aesthetic Practice (10 credits)
Join Our Global Community
Since our launch in 2015, MATA has trained more than 1000 aesthetics professionals in countries worldwide. If this introduction to our online study has inspired you to begin your own aesthetics training journey; then get in touch with us today to take your first step in joining our global community.