Patients Trust Pharmacists – Why not offer BOTOX®?
The world of injectibles for aesthetic purposes is expanding in the UK and treatments like BOTOX® continue as the market leader in the anti-ageing industry. While government guidelines are trying to restrict the administration of these therapies to only fully qualified medical professionals there are still a number of inexperienced and unqualified clinicians practicing with injectibles. For improved patient safety and confidence, and to raise industry standards professionals like Pharmacists can really make a difference – and with little time and financial investment too!
Because we are seeing such high demand in the low-to-non invasive procedures such as anti-ageing injectibles like BOTOX® Health Education England (HEE) Guidelines have been created to address safety issues through improved education and qualification. Many beauticians are keen to offer these procedures but most are not experienced and knowledgable on subjects such as facial anatomy and medical conditions.
Why Pharmacists are ideally suited to offering BOTOX
As a pharmacist, you are already qualified at either Level 6 or Level 7 which is what the HEE guidelines propose. With your medical background, understanding of medications and patient problems, you are perfectly suited to enhance your medical career by offering injectable treatments like BOTOX®. With the right training course and valuable hands-on practice, you could become an esteemed practitioner in your local area. The earning potential is impressive and with added-value factors such as helping patients to feel much better about themselves, you could see a much-improved career in very little time.
Your business options
One of the things you will need to consider before selecting your training course is how you will perform the treatments. Here are some of the ways you can deliver BOTOX® procedures to paying patients:
- Become self-employed and offer your services to an existing clinic
- Seek employment within a hospital, clinic or spa type establishment
- Offer your services as a “mobile” practitioner (keeping in mind legal requirements and indemnity insurance issues)
- Offer the treatments at your current place of work – if permissible by the employer.
- Set up a new practice with your own premises – on your own or with a partner
The choice will boil down to how much you want or should expect to earn from offering BOTOX®, along with how much flexibility you want in your work life.
There are many training courses and some good education centres available but to be reassured of the best course for your new venture into injectables you will need to do some research.
Here are some of the points you need to be considering before registering on a BOTOX® course:
- Is it a well-established, high integrity business?
- Are the certificates and qualifications commercially recognised?
- Are the certificates and qualifications internationally recognised?
- Has the organisation won awards for their training programmes?
- Is the course self-paced training to suit my current workload?
- Are the tutors the best in the business?
- Can I work on live models?
- Does the course offer value for money?
- I will not be sold products, equipment or other business ventures?
- Will I get on-going support?
Medical & Aesthetics Training Academy (MATA) is a medical training organisation that is leading the way in education and business practice. Going beyond UK Government requirements on safety guidelines MATA ensures each delegate benefits from learning all aspects of injectable treatments and more besides.
As a qualified medical professional, you can build on your education to suit the ever-changing and increasing consumer demands in this industry. The MATA way of learning can also help you develop your career over the longer term with our internationally recognised courses for other disciplines in the medical and aesthetics industry. MATA will support you at all stages of your learning and our course tutors will be happy to discuss how to get the most from your studies.
BOTOX® courses for Pharmacists at MATA
The industry-leading MATA system for learning and administering BOTOX® offers a blended learning course which includes:
- Online theory which can be studied in your own time via our university-standard learning platform with interactive tests.
- Tutorials with hands-on practice with cadaverous materials progressing to live models.
- Clinic-based assessments and completion of a log book.
- Written examinations.
- Ongoing support if needed.
Around 100 hours (containing four core units and one optional unit) covering:
- Facial Anatomy
- Optional dissection and injectable practice on cadavers
- Different types/brands of Botulinum Toxin
- Medical history, consent forms, and note taking
- Patient assessment
- Frown lines
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s feet
- Brow lifting
- Achieving a natural result with Botox
- Pre-treatment and post-treatment care
- Possible complications and how to avoid/deal with them
- Practical training on models
Around 200 hours (containing four core units and all six optional units) covering:
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Definition of the chin/jaw (bruxism)
- How to correct a downward turned smile
- Brow Lift
- Reduce a gummy smile
- Smoker’s lines around the mouth
- “Nefertiti” lift
As a professional pharmacist, you have many options to consider when planning your new venture. It is a very exciting time for the anti-ageing business – and in particular the BOTOX® market. The industry needs more experienced medical professionals like you to lead the way in setting higher standards to create patient safety and confidence.
|Foundation Botox and Dermal Fillers Training Courses Glasgow||£1,920.00|
|Advanced Botox and Dermal Fillers Courses London||£2,160.00|
|Foundation Botox and Dermal Fillers Training Courses London||£1,920.00|
|Foundation Botox and Dermal Fillers Training Courses Newcastle|
|Foundation Botox and Dermal Fillers Training Courses London|
|Foundation Botox and Dermal Fillers Training Courses Bristol|
|Foundation Botox and Dermal Fillers Training Courses Glasgow|
|Lip Masterclass Training Courses London||£1,080.00|
Out of stock
|Level 7 Diploma in Facial Aesthetics with Nose and Lips Masterclass|
|Level 7 Diploma in Facial Aesthetics with Lips Masterclass|
|Level 7 Diploma in Facial Aesthetics with Nose Masterclass|