Special Offer Price £5250 + VAT
Innovating the Industry
At MATA, our newly designed Level 7 Diploma in Facial Aesthetics (incorporating the OTHM Level 7 Certificate/Diploma in Clinical Aesthetic Injectable Therapies), is regulated by Ofqual [Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)]. We focus on adopting a blending approach to learning, giving you hands-on-experience with Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers.
- E-Learning Hours: 150 Hours
- 2 Foundation Days: Observed and Supervised Practice Days – covering essential Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Filler Techniques
- 2 Advanced Days: Observed and Supervised Practice Days – covering advanced Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Filler Techniques
- Exclusive Mentorship Days: Observing and Demonstrating Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers
- Support: Webinars, Mentoring and Consultation
- Assessments: SAQs, DOPs, E-Learning, Critical Essays and Logbook Recording
- Credits at Level 7: 34 (Certificate) or 60 (Diploma)
At MATA, we will only accept those who meet either of the following:
- An undergraduate degree (level 6) in medicine, nursing, dentistry, midwifery, pharmacy and paramedics.
- Are currently holding a valid GMC/NMC/GDC/GPhC number with an active licence to practice in the UK.
- Preferably English as a first language or evidence or English Language Testing System (IELTS) 7.0 in all components.
Our Pathway to Learning
At MATA, we pride ourselves on giving you the best experience when entering the aesthetics Industry. Saliently, we have designed our courses with leading industry experts including our Medical Director, Dr Faizeen Zavahir (MBCHB, MRCS, MSC) a cosmetic surgeon with an extensive background in aesthetics. We walk you through the process as you complete these seven aesthetic units:
Unit 1: Introduction to Aesthetic Injectable Therapies (8 credits)
- Anatomy and physiology of muscles, skin, nerves and glands.
- Safe injectable practice
Unit 2: Patient Medical Assessment and Image Recording (10 credits)
- Identify patient needs and motivations
- Explain Procedures and learn to log patient treatment records
Unit 3: Principles, Practice and Treatment Management of Aesthetic Injectables (12 credits)
- In-depth understanding of Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Filler Injectable Therapies
- Safe Clinical Practice for aesthetic procedures
Unit 4: Injectable Therapies for Management of Hyperhidrosis (4 credits)
- Learn the fundamentals of pharmacology, toxicology and biologics
- Recognise conditions like hyperhidrosis and complications
Unit 5: Health, Safety and Clinical Compliance (10 credits)
- Clinical compliance, potential risks and managing medical emergencies
- Complete written assignments and a clinical compliance folder as evidence
Unit 6: Appraising the Clinical Literature (6 credits)
- Learn skills to evaluate the scientific literature
- Identify and demonstrate clinical thinking, writing and referencing
Unit 7: Professionalism in Cosmetic Aesthetic Practice (10 credits)
- Evidence of clinical professionalism
Key Learning Milestones
We focus on ensuring that you are confident by the end of our qualifications, both with knowledge and practical skills. Additionally, you’re assessed with SAQs (Short Answer Questions), DOPs (Direct Observational Practice) and demonstrating clinical experience. All our courses adopt a 3:1 ratio, favouring the practical side to aesthetics by the end you should be able to:
- Understand and apply basic aesthetic medicine terminology
- Pass all DOPS, SAQs, End-of-unit reviews and logbook recording
- Demonstrate basic and advanced techniques for injectables training
- Confidence and competence with safe injectable practice
Upon completion and passing these critical milestones, many of our trainees use these skills to set-up an aesthetic business, acquire freelance work or increase their employability.
Advantages of our Level 7 Diploma over the Certificate?
An OTHM Level 7 Certificate in Clinical Aesthetic Injectable Therapies is awarded upon completion of the four mandatory units: Introduction to Aesthetics, Patient Medical Assessment, Principles of Practice and Injectable Management of Hyperhidrosis. Additionally, an OTHM Level 7 Diploma Clinical Aesthetic Injectable Therapies is awarded if you complete the remaining three units: clinical compliance, appraising the literature and professionalism.
As one of the very few independent academies to offer a diploma, you are able to set yourself apart in a highly competitive industry. From leading aesthetic experts, you are taught advanced cosmetic techniques and offered additional support.
Benefits of the Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma Include:
- Establish yourself within a competitive industry
- Ensure you have the knowledge to begin an aesthetics business
- Experienced in managing medical emergencies