MATA is approved by EduQual, a regulated awarding body. The EduQual postgraduate-level qualifications in Clinical Aesthetic Injectable Therapies, which were developed in consultation with MATA, are accredited by SQA-Accreditation, a national qualifications regulator. The qualifications are credit-rated for the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) at SCQF Level 11.
The UK Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) recognises that SCQF Level 11 qualifications are postgraduate-level, and that SCQF Level 11 is broadly comparable to Level 7 on the Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The EduQual postgraduate-level qualifications in Clinical Aesthetic Injectable Therapies are frequently referred to as “Level 7 qualifications” by stakeholders within the Aesthetics sector.
As a Centre approved by EduQual to run these qualifications, MATA is responsible for delivering high-quality learning and assessment programmes which provide Learners with the opportunity to demonstrate they have fully met the programmes’ learning outcomes.
What is the structure of the qualifications?
The Certificate is composed of three modules (40 academic credits). The Diploma is composed of seven modules (60 academic credits), which include the three Certificate modules. The Diploma module titles are listed on the EduQual website here.
How does MATA deliver its learning programmes?
For the postgraduate-level Diploma, the MATA learning programme includes eight full days of face-to-face / practical sessions.
To successfully complete the Diploma qualification, typically, 600 hours of learning should take place – this includes self-study, practical sessions and assessment. The MATA learning programmes have been designed to suit professionals with a busy schedule. To gain a thorough understanding, and to produce a portfolio of valid evidence, a typical Learner will take approximately one year to complete the full Diploma qualification.
How does MATA assess its Learners?
The qualifications require that we assess our Learners using a variety of methods, including Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs), Direct Observation of Procedural Skills (DOPS), written examinations and assignments and production of log-books and learning journals/folders.
Will my prior learning be recognised?
Yes, we have a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policy in place. We recognise learners’ previous achievements and learning experiences. RPL provides a route for the recognition of the achievements resulting from continuous learning. RPL enables recognition of achievement from a range of activities using any valid assessment methodology. For example, Learners who have already completed MATA courses relating to Botox and Dermal Fillers may benefit from a reduced learning programme and/or assessment burden.
I have completed the Certificate qualification. Should I complete the Diploma qualification too?
Yes. Learners who complete the Certificate can achieve the full Diploma by completing just four additional modules (20 additional credits). This additional learning may provide Learners with the additional academic credit required to progress, with advanced-standing, onto Masters degree programmes.
Why are MATA learning programmes superior to those provided by other Aesthetic training providers?
- The MATA learning programmes lead to qualifications that are accredited / credit-rated at the highest level of any qualifications currently being delivered by independent training providers in the aesthetics industry
- MATA is an award-winning accredited training academy founded on London’s Harley Street with a widely respected reputation
- MATA’s blended learning approach uses practical sessions and interactive theory to make the learning programmes engaging and fun!
- We recognise that a hands-on approach works best when desiring a career in facial aesthetics. We keep practical session group sizes small so that you get the maximum hands-on experience possible
- The exclusive MATA virtual learning environment (VLE) is a comprehensive, university standard platform containing extensive materials including interactive quizzes, videos, infographics, webinars and other resources for which you have a unique login to work towards your theory elements
- Our trainers, all experts in their field, come from a variety of backgrounds, including surgeons, doctors, nurse prescribers, and other aesthetic practitioners
- MATA is recognised in the industry as being an advocate for better industry legislation
- We will consider payment plans to cover the cost of our learning programmes
- The qualifications should provide you with:
- Improved employability
- Higher income
- Opportunities to work and study at the same time
- Enhanced personal and career development