GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In using our Services you are deemed to have read and agreed to all of the Terms and Conditions contained hereunder. All terms contained under the heading ‘General Terms and Conditions’ shall be read as though they are included also within the Course Terms and Conditions.
The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice: Delegate, Customer, You and Your means you, the person accessing our website and accepting these Terms and Conditions. We, Us, Ourselves means Medical and Aesthetic Training Academy Limited (‘MATA’).
Parties means both us and you unless the context requires otherwise.
Terms and Conditions means all Terms and Conditions including those relating to courses and the general Terms and Conditions.
Services: Courses and qualifications
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and as such, any information concerning you and your records may be passed to third parties.
We cannot provide our Services effectively without collecting and processing information about you. We collect data about delegates for various administrative, academic and health and safety reasons. On filling out the application form and accepting these Terms you will be deemed to have agreed to us processing the personal data you give in the application or booking form in accordance with the Data Protection Act/GDPR. The data will be used for any purpose connected with your studies, health and safety whilst on the training premises, or for any legitimate reason. However, we treat your records as confidential and we will not:
- Share your confidential records with any third party other than professional bodies such as the General Medical Council if legally required to do so;
- Sell, share or rent your personal information to any third party; or
- Use your email address for unsolicited mail.
You have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all of your records by giving us
reasonable notice of such a request. Where appropriate we shall issue you with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract for the benefit of both parties. You are requested to retain copies of any materials issued to you in relation to the provision of our Services.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude:
-All representations and warranties relating to our website and its contents or which is provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or our literature; and
-All liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of our website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised us of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, software, systems and programmes and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages;
-Any direct or indirect or consequential losses (including loss of profit, revenue, anticipated savings or wasted expenditure) other than [when your booking cannot be fulfilled, following conclusion of a binding contract and in which case we shall be liable only for the fees paid for the booking];
-Responsibility for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control (this provision does not affect your statutory rights;
We provide the Services to the best of our ability, however, we do not warrant that the service from the website will be uninterrupted, timely or error free.
You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programmes and text available through our website.
We do not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence and none of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected by these exclusions.
MATA reserves the right to determine class sizes and venues at short notice, or cancel a course due to insufficient delegates at 48 hours’ notice. Alternative courses will be held if this occurs, no refund is given. Delegates cannot choose which trainer they wish to have.
If a course or practical session date is cancelled by MATA, no refund is given however an alternative date will be offered.
If a delegate wishes to cancel their place on a practical session, a minimum of 2 weeks advance notice is required, otherwise any replacement dates are required to be paid in full at an additional cost at MATA’s discretion.
DIPLOMA LOG BOOK
It is the responsibility of the delegate to gather the information for their own log book. MATA will not be held responsible for providing the information for the log book once the course has passed.
In the event that a delegate loses the model information, it is their responsible to find their own cases or MATA can provide additional practical sessions to complete this for a fee.
PRACTICAL SESSION MODELS
- We will endeavour to complete the logbook for the Level 7 Diploma delegates within their practical sessions
- The model numbers each day will depend on availability, clinical indications presented and cancellations on the day.
- No refunds are given due to lack of model availability however alternative practical sessions will be arranged on a case by case basis.
- Specific treatment areas cannot be guaranteed as this is based on clinical indications presented on the day.
- A delegate is able to bring their own models however treatments performed on them will not be exclusive to the delegate.
- A delegate is responsible for the after care and follow ups of any models brought in by themselves.
- Models brought in by delegates are charged the same as the standard MATA model pricing, which can vary at MATA’s discretion.
- Model after care is the joint responsibility of the delegate and their group on the day, and the trainer on the day, and they are expected to assist with management of the complication as part of the learning process.
- After a 14 day cooling off period, there is no refund on any course or qualification.
- A delegate paying for any course or qualification is required to pay the full amount within a timeframe pre-agreed with MATA.
A delegate on the payment plan who misses a payment is ejected from the course or qualification but still liable for the full course or qualification fee.
As a per awarding body requirements, the Level 7 qualification must be completed within 6-9 months, extendable to a maximum of 12 months. Only due to extenuating circumstances would a further extension be granted, and MATA reserves the right to ask for evidence on this.
MATA is not liable for the travel costs of any delegate for a cancelled course.
MATA reserves the right to change the terms and conditions from time to time.
BLACK FRIDAY 2023 OFFER TERMS
- IV nutrition course; Prior to training delegates need to have completes phlebotomy course as prerequisite elsewhere.
- The IV nutrition training must take place in our CQC registered clinic in London, Manchester or Leeds.
- The delegates need a CQC registered clinic to practice IV nutrition treatments after the course.
- Only nurse prescribers, GMC or GDC registered delegates can take this course.
- This course can only be taken after the completion of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Clinical Aesthetic Injectable Therapies.
- IV training days can be swapped for Masterclasses.
- Minimum deposit £2,500.