As we near the end of National Smile Month, it’s important to look at all the ways in which dentists can enhance their patients’ smile. Although cosmetic dentistry has boomed in the last five years, adding aesthetic injectable treatments such as Botox® and dermal filler to your range of treatments can allow you to take a holistic approach to smile transformations; enhancing not only your patients teeth, but smoothing, volumising and defining the facial structures around the mouth.
Why Dentists should Train in Aesthetic Injectables
Dentists are uniquely placed for success both in aesthetics injectables training and within the medical aesthetics industry. As trained injectors with daily experience of treating sensitive areas, alongside having high levels of manual dexterity in restricted spaces; dentists possess skills that are highly transferable to aesthetic injectable practice. This is only enhanced by their already advanced knowledge of facial anatomy. Furthermore, a dentist already possesses the perfect clinical space to practice Botox® and dermal fillers and an existing private client base already primed for aesthetic treatment through cosmetic dentistry.
The Benefits of Training in Aesthetics for Dentists
Training in medical aesthetics and adding injectable therapies such as Botox® and dermal fillers to your existing range of treatments can come with a variety of benefits for your clinic. Expanding into aesthetic treatment will encourage patient retention; with patients returning to the clinic on a more frequent basis for repeat injections and so remaining familiar and impressed with your practice. It can also give your clinic an edge by offering a wider treatment range than your competitors, such as Botox® for bruxism and gummy smiles or dermal fillers for smile and marionette lines or for lips. Adding these treatments can also attract new clientele to your clinic, further enhancing your income potential.
MATA Courses for Dentists
Our JCCP Approved Level 7 Diploma in Facial Aesthetics is ideal for dentists new to aesthetics practice; developing your understanding of the theory and practice of Botox® and dermal fillers over the course of nine months. The Diploma provides six days of practical training in aesthetic injectables, including treatments which will be of great use in a dental environment such as gummy smile reduction and Botox® for bruxism; in addition to online learning which will give you the opportunity for applied study of the theory behind aesthetics injectable practice.
For dentists who already hold a Foundation or Advanced Certificate in aesthetic injectable practice; our Specialist Masterclass for Dentists is the ideal way to enhance your expertise in Botox and dermal filler treatments that pair with dentistry. This one-day course was designed by cosmetic dentists and focuses on lower face treatments including Botox for bruxism and gummy smile, and dermal filler for the lips, chin and nose. To find out more about our Level 7 Diploma or our Specialist Masterclass for Dentists, contact us to discuss our courses in more detail and begin your aesthetics training journey with MATA.
Dentists are the technical professionals of the healthcare field, knowledgeable of orofacial structures with a dexterous hand. Many seek to learn new skills alongside dentistry – At MATA, we believe in teaching dental professionals injectable skills with our exclusive Level 7 Diploma in Facial Aesthetics: Incorporating OTHM Level 7 Certificate/Diploma in Clinical Injectable Therapies. Here are our top 10 reasons for dental professionals to come and train with MATA.
- Enhance your Technical Dexterity: Already precise with tools in the dental office, aesthetics is a great fit for you, MATA offers core practical training to give you the necessary experience with real-life models.
- Expand into Aesthetics: As you are probably already aware dental professionals are providing aesthetic treatments like teeth whitening, straightening and harnessing other ways to enhance that smile. Your dental office is a perfect fit for offering aesthetics, with tools already available for your technical abilities.
- Profit from More Income: Aesthetics is highly profitable with many 22-35 year olds seeking aesthetic treatments. As a dentist, you could work additional hours while creating further financial abundance.
- Train with Experts: At MATA, we are a sophisticated team of medical professionals from a multitude of backgrounds. Essentially this is why we feel the utmost confidence in offering you the best training practice to ensure you become highly proficient and competent with aesthetics.
- Choose your Working Hours: In some cases, many dentists may feel overworked and bored with the standard 9-5 working hours. With an aesthetics accreditation, you can be sure to create a convenient and more comfortable working schedule, in all the aid to create a perfect work-life balance.
- Get an Accredited Qualification: Why waste precious time and money on a qualification or course that is effectively useless? Our Level 7 Diploma is unlike any of those – we are backed by the right people. Specifically, our courses are tailored to follow JCCP (The Joint Council of Cosmetic Practitioners) and CSPA (Cosmetic Standards Practice Authority). Meaning you are fully accredited under our Level 7 Diploma.
- Grow with MATA: From beginning to the end, we are backing you, giving you the support, training and necessary skills you need with going into a competitive market.
- Start an Aesthetics Business: On reflection of moving into a competitive market, we have the know-how to provide you with the necessary skills, confidence and knowledge to begin your own profitable enterprise.
- Get to Know the Right People: At MATA, we are fortunate enough to be at the centre of London, aesthetics central. From the beginning of MATA in 2015, we have worked to create meaningful relationships with aesthetic doctors, companies and other professionals. Essentially, we feel confident in helping you make the first steps of building meaningful relationships within cosmetics.
- Experience is Everything: Our Level 7 Diploma has been created from a vocational perspective to help you, the dental professional gain enough experience practising Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers.
We hope in the near future you will add to our already trained and experienced dental professionals before reaping the benefits of aesthetics.
Botox and dermal fillers are two of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatments available worldwide and their popularity continues to grow rapidly. As dentists are healthcare professionals along with doctors and nurses, should they be offering Botox in their clinics?
Dentists are the true experts in facial anatomy and physiology as it’s what they deal with on a daily basis, not only that but they inject anaesthetic for a living and therefore know how to make injections as comfortable and quick for the patient as possible.
A big advantage that dentists have in carrying out dermal fillers treatments over any other healthcare professionals such as doctors and nurses is that they are skilled in carrying out dental blocks (anaesthesia) rather than other injectors who may use topical anaesthetic creams and therefore the treatment will be less comfortable. In addition, dentists are already knowledgeable on how to deal with adverse reactions in this area.
As facial aesthetic treatments gain popularity amongst dentists, now is the time to recognise them as specialists in oral and maxillofacial areas with a deep understanding of facial structures, muscles etc. With the highest standard of medical aesthetic training in this area delivered by expert tutors, at MATA we know that as a dentist you will benefit greatly from our Botox and Dermal Filler courses, learn quickly and feel confident in carrying out treatments on completion of your course.
If you are a dentist looking to break into the world of facial aesthetics and cosmetic treatments, call or email our friendly team who are happy to help you start your successful and profitable journey.
Phone: 0203 126 4870
Email: [email protected]